Hello!! I am super pumped to be sharing this weeks post all about my #thrifted bridal shower decor! Did you know buying anything for a wedding is EXPENSIVE? Any items I found at either Michales or Hobby Lobby in the wedding section were extremely expensive and overpriced! I knew I was going to have to get creative… When thinking of what theme I wanted for my bridal I was kinda all over the place. I decided to stick to a theme of: girly, hint of vintage, and pink/gold. Before we get into the post I want to share some quick tips if you are looking to buy your wedding/bridal decor items second hand.
- Pick a theme and stick to it. We all know buying secondhand can be overwhelming due to the high quantity of items that are out there. I found my self trying to change the theme of my bridal shower while in Goodwill just because I found one item that I wanted to make work… NO. Make a thrift list and stick to it.
- Places to shop: Tag Sales, Garage Sales, Facebook Marketplace, Goodwill, Savers, Your Friends Closest, Etc.
- Go often. In the year leading up to my wedding events I was stopping in at my local thrift shops 2 – 3 times a week.
- Don’t be afraid to get crafty/make edits. If there is an item that can be edited to fit your theme/style, DIY IT!
- Buy items that can be used for multiple wedding events! Most of the items you will see below, you will see again and again! I used these items at my bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and wedding!
- Ask your friends! Do no be afraid to ask your friends to borrow items from them. I was the last friend in my group to get married so I definitely benefited from items that were collecting dust in their basement/attic.
Love sign: Decor from my house
Lantern: Facebook Marketplace (also my wedding centerpieces)
Crate: Dumpster outside of a brewery (I sanded and painted)
Book: Goodwill (recycled books, that I crafted – do you wanted a tutorial??)
Rug: Decor from my house
N & Forever Sign: Clearance @ Michaels – used for all bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and wedding.
LOVE Letters: Outdoor Flea Market (Elephants Trunk – if you are ever in Connecticut, it is definitely a place to check out!)
Sign: Goodwill, also found the matching “Sign Our Guestbook” at Goodwill too!
Glass Jars & Heart Metal Jars: Borrowed from a friend.
Chalk sign: Reused for all events bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and wedding.
Succulents: Sustainable (ish?) party favor!
Mason Jars: Already owned them and currently reuse them for food storage, drinking, etc.
Candles: Purchased from Amazon and reused for all wedding events – bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and wedding!
Lace Doilies: Estate Sale
Heart Picture Garland: Goodwill, hearts were previously black and gold, I painted them white and added the lace.
Bird Cages & Heart Frames: Clearance @ Michaels, reused for all wedding events – bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and wedding.
Photo background: Borrowed from a local Church!
That’s it! That is a look inside my thrift mind… and what my bridal shower looked like! It was super fun getting to look back at my bridal shower photos and relive the excitement I had finding all the wonderful things I found!
Are you bride to be? Need some thrift tips? Let me know!!